Online Counselling is an option available to a Client in the event that the Counsellor and the Client are not able to meet face to face. It is still possible to “meet” online to start or continue a counselling relationship. This option is especially beneficial if the client has a preference for a specific counsellor but is not able to get to the counselling rooms.
The online platform used is via an application called “Zoom”.
“Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool with a local, desktop client and a mobile application that allows users to meet online, with or without video. Zoom offers video, audio, and a wireless screen-sharing performance across e.g. Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android.”
Why online counselling may be a good option for you?
Continuity of Counselling Relationship
For individuals who wish to continue their counselling sessions with the same Registered Counsellor even when they are challenged in the following areas:
- When a client needs to relocate nationally.
- Geographically move within the city/province and where travelling to the practice becomes a challenge.
- Where the clients’ hours of work prevents counselling sessions during business hours.
- When the client’s safety is at risk i.e. clients who travel with public transport.
Clients may have difficulty in assessing a face-to-face Counsellor. For example:
- Persons who have issues of mobility.
- Clients who work different shifts preventing regular face to face contact.
- Clients who live in remote areas and have difficulty in finding a counsellor in their location/suburb.
- Clients who more prefer the online method of counselling than meeting face to face.
- Clients in a relationship may be living in different towns, making the face to face counselling a challenge.
For individuals who are:
- Unable to leave the workplace without disclosing their whereabouts.
- Not willing to disclose to their partner or family that they are entering a counselling intervention.
Enquire about online counselling
Learn more about the online counselling service offered by Lynette Woodberg, or book your appointment today.
Has the blue sky of your life been tarnished by dark clouds?
Book your appointment today.
+27 68 099 4955